Thursday, January 17, 2008

SNOW

A "wintry mix" was forecasted for last night. We weren't sure what that meant but we woke up to snow on the ground! When we took Jake to the bus at 7:30 it was already raining and still is. But, the snow lasted long enough for it to get lighter outside and for Rachel to want to go out and play. Since the snow was so dry in Utah I thought I'd indulge her by making a "Frosty Snowman." Although quite wet and dirty, I still think it turned out pretty good. We used about half the snow in the front yard. When I finished Rachel looked at him and was a little distraught...this snowman may look a little different than normal, he's got ears. Rachel had a lot of fun throwing snowballs and admiring her real Frosty, but after a while her hands started to hurt from her gloves being too small. We're not quite equipped this year for this kind of weather.


An hour or so has maybe gone by and our pour man Frosty has already fallen over..."that's sad"

9 comments:

La said...

Daphne and Zane are very impressed with Rachel's snowman. I am too. I like that he is a "listening" snowman. Cute pictures. How fun to have a little "wintery mix" in the week!

Kristen said...

That is so fun! We haven't had any snow at all this year, although yesterday and today have been quite chilly. I guess we will just have to take Carter somewhere else to play in the snow.

natalie said...

No fair! I thought you guys were our no snow buddies. Okay I don't really like snow but it would be fun for Bryn to play in it.
Good job on the snowman!

Colie said...

I love the shot of Rachel looking at Frosty. It looks like they're deep in conversation.

Unknown said...

I just visited your blog. I thought I'd say hello and it's time for Jake to email me andcatch me up on all that has happened. FYI... my daughter Janel had a little girl last Wed. Jan 9th. She is the one whose husband was in Iraq ans had a little boy while we were together as a bishopric. Glad to see you had some snow as we have extra right now! Love ya, Bp Hunter

Lacey said...

So cute! Sometimes I miss real snow, don't you?

kenders said...

How fun! Making such great memories!

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty cute snowman!

Herways Go West said...

I personally like the cute coat on Rachel! You have more snow than we do in Belgium....cute pics!

Blog Archive

Contributors