Monday, September 17, 2007

Fallen behind

For the past couple weeks we've been through the rounds of the stomach bug in our family. It started with Rachel and then to Jake and of course myself. It's been a long road of painful, tearful, and wakeful nights...and days. All you mothers know, right. Jake and Rachel are feeling 100% and Rachel's got most her appetite back. (Thank goodness) I'm definitely on the upswing of recovery but I feel so out of it, meaning I have laundry and cleaning that desperately needs to been done. A long list of emails to get to, etc. etc. and I really feel bad for missing Scarlet on her birthday. These are a couple pictures of things that Rachel did that made me smile through all this. Just gotta love that girl. Tonight she made us laugh really good when we blessed the food for dinner. She waited patiently through the prayer and when we finished she excitedly said, "AMEN...eh...JUICE!!" Jake says, "like mother, like daughter." I like my juice and I always take a sip after the blessing. Anyway, all this really made me grateful to have an overall healthy body and a healthy family. We've been so blessed!

7 comments:

Lacey said...

Sorry you guys have been so sick. That's never any fun. Wish I was closer so I could help you out some.

Colie said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling better. I love the cereal shot - she's got the Herway love of cereal!

Herways Go West said...

Oh, I didn't know you all were sick. Guess you were too sick to even tell us! It's tough not to have your health. Guess we get sick so that we are more grateful for a healthy body and a healthy family! I'm with Lacey...wish I was closer so I could have helped!

La said...

Oh, It is always so hard to watch your little one be sick. I am sorry. I totally know how you feel. It is kinda hard to get back in the swing of things. What are you guys planning for Rachel's birthday?

natalie said...

Being sick stinks. It's so sad when your child is sick, but it's so hard when mom is sick. We don't get sick leave! I'm glad you are feeling better.
Love the story of Rachel wanting juice as soon as you said amen. heehee.

akdoxey said...

Man I wish I would have helped my mom out more when she was sick, when mom's sick, the whole house goes to pots. Glad you're feeling better though! You sure have the cutest little girl.

Rosie said...

Hey Herways!! We just started a blog and found you guys! We were so excited because we LOVE you guys! Let's keep in touch and check us out at groesbeckfamily.blogspot.com!!

Rosemary

Blog Archive

Contributors