Saturday, August 21, 2010

More city fun

Last week we made a trip out to Hoboken, New Jersey to pick up a baby swing I found on craigslist. What a view they have from over there. The picture doesn't do it justice, but the sunset was incredible, especially with the full rainbow going across the entire city.Every Friday night the neighborhood association (which does all the free things) brings out a bunch of drums for kids and adults to jam along to some fun rhythms.
Yesterday we headed up to Midtown for "Summer Streets." They closed off Park Avenue for people to walk, run, bike and skate through the city. Really fun.
We even got to swim in an ice cold pool next to Grand Central
Why is it that kids don't care about the temperature?
Tommy says, "I am a boat"
We had a bit of nostalgia walking the streets we lived on 5 years ago. Seeing Rockefeller Center, Jake's old office building...we even had lunch with the boss Jake had here for his internship. Rachel said it was a super fun day!

Well, my next post could very well feature a new baby girl...we'll keep you posted ;)

8 comments:

La said...

I love the pictures! I can't even believe that view. New York City is so beautiful. Okay. I really want to visit you guys.

La said...

p.s. I can't wait to see the pictures of the new baby girl.

natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
natalie said...

I deleted my previous posts because of typos. :)

SO excited for your baby girl to arrive!
I am loving all these posts. That first fam picture is great. What an amazing view. Maybe NJ isn't so bad... :)
Friday night drum night. Who thought that one up? What a fun place to live! It must be hard to decide what NOT to do each day.

Colie said...

You guys are so full of adventure! I'm glad you're taking full advantage of living in one of the greatest cities on earth. Hurry up, Kate, and join 'em!

Heidi said...

EVERY post makes me want to live there! Can't wait for pictures of baby girl!!! Hope everything goes well.

Herways Go West said...

Oh man! It's so nice to have been to your house and neighborhood..now I can identify with what you post! Come on Kate!

Blog Archive

Contributors